Who we are

1st October 2019 saw the creation of a new company called Livestock Information Limited, established to manage the development and implementation of the Livestock Information Service.

Livestock Information Ltd is a subsidiary of The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) and is 51% owned by AHDB, with Defra owning the remaining 49%.  Livestock Information Ltd will work collaboratively with the livestock industry and Government to develop a world-leading multi-species livestock information service for cattle, sheep, pigs, goats and deer.

Defra will be funding the legally required elements of the Livestock Information Service, while AHDB will manage the creation of new value-adding products which will drive wider benefits for the meat and livestock sector.  

The development of the Livestock Information Service is being driven in collaboration with the Traceability Design User Group (TDUG), which represents over 20 trade and government bodies in the meat and livestock sectors.

More effective collection and use of livestock movement data can ensure greater resilience and responsiveness to disease and improved food safety.  The ability to connect data across the UK livestock sector has the potential to produce on-farm and sector-wide productivity and efficiency improvements.